Disability Rights Agenda has conducted a comprehensive Multi-Criteria Assessment, aiming to enhance evidence-based strategies for achieving equality and empowering individuals with disabilities.
The assessment, encompassing five essential criteria, has been meticulously designed to understand the unique needs and challenges faced by individuals with disabilities throughout the country. These five criteria include:
- Population: Analyzing the demographic distribution across Armenia's regions to identify specific regional disparities.
- Population of individuals with disabilities: Gauging the prevalence and types of disabilities to ensure targeted support.
- Existing organizations of persons with disabilities: Assessing the presence and capacity of disability-focused organizations for collaborative efforts.
- Existing service provider NGOs: Identifying and evaluating the NGOs providing essential services to individuals with disabilities.
- Support from government and local self-government bodies: Examining the level of governmental assistance and local initiatives in facilitating disability rights.
The Multi-Criteria Assessment serves as a vital tool for Disability Rights Agenda in formulating targeted interventions tailored to the unique challenges faced by individuals with disabilities in different regions. By leveraging these insights, the organization aims to drive positive changes that promote inclusivity and equality across Armenia.
The outcomes of this assessment will fortify Disability Rights Agenda's application to the European Commission's "Civil Society Organisations as Actors for inclusive development and equality" call. This endeavor highlights the organization's dedication to creating a more inclusive and equitable society, empowering individuals with disabilities in every corner of Armenia.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Disability Rights Agenda NGO
Contact Person: Syuzanna Grigoryan
Phone: +374 77 400 350